Thursday, September 22, 2011

pu.gg and getting used to not changing...

Apparently someone has posted the link to my blog on a website called pu.gg. I tried to check it out and it seems like the moderator of that site is kind of a dick, but whatevs, as long as it gets my blog out there and maybe people will see it and like it, then who cares right? I'm still kind of finding my way into this blogging thing. I've basically been rambling on for the past few days about stupid shit. Mostly about me and Matt, my husband. Speaking of Matt, you know I thought marriage was going to be different. I mean, sure we'd been living together for like 4 years, but I thought maybe when we got married things would change. They haven't. We still live in this house we are renting with our roommate, who shall remain nameless (I mean, he usually keeps to himself. He's quiet when he isn't screaming bloody murder at his TV while playing COD or Madden on his Xbox). I don't know what I really thought was going to be different though. Like magically we'd both be super mature grownups and it would be like the 50's. He'd come home from work and kiss me on the cheek as I finished making dinner (of course I'd be all dolled up and in heels). The dog would bring Matt his slippers and then lay down next to him as he sat in his favorite chair and read the paper. I mean, who reads the newspaper anymore? I feel like the house should be immaculate and everything should be PERFECT and it's not. Nor will it ever be that way. I don't know where this weird dream fantasy came from but it's sure hard to shake. I love Matt and I love being married to him. I guess it's hard to let go of the planning stages of marriage for the actual MARRIED part of marriage. Now that we are married I feel like I have to sit down and concoct some life plan for the two of us. No more winging it! You're married now! Maybe we should though. I don't know, I've never been married before. ;) I'm new to all this stuff. Anybody out there married? Did you go through this "phase?" What should I do? The only thing I was worried about was changing my last name on all my paperwork and IDs. That was easy. Yet I still find myself signing my maiden name. I guess there's a lot of things I need to get used to...

No comments:

Post a Comment